Friday, November 2, 2012

Drowning in Rock Star Memoirs

After Keith Richards' biography, Life, was published to critical acclaim and commercial success, several other rock stars followed suit.  Many have made it onto the bestseller list, encouraging yet more rock stars to write yet more bestselling memoirs.  I'm hoping this trend is peaking now, because it has gotten ridiculous.  Last weeks bestseller list included three rock star memoirs, including one by the drummer from Duran Duran.  This week, Peter Criss's biography popped up.

Okay, I get it.  You people love to read real life stories about sex, drugs, and rock and roll.  But come on!  Who keeps buying these things?  I haven't read Life, but I'm sure it told a great story.  I have less faith in Duran Duran and Peter Criss.  And yet, I have to buy them for the library.

This reminds me of the years following Twilight when I thought, "if I see one more romance between a supernatural creature and a human, I'm going to throw it through a window."  Except lamer.

1 comment:

MarkSullivan said...

Keith Richards' book was really good. I'd recommend it, and I'm not much of a Stones fan. It really was a serious autobiography: the chapter on his childhood and family was one of the best in the book.