Friday, January 28, 2011

Human Kindness

In Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert quotes Ben Sheffield, another author, who says something along the lines of, "it's almost impossible to be a cynic after something bad happens to you because the kindness of your fellow humans will overwhelm you."  Sheffield suddenly and unexpectedly lost his wife, which he writes about in Love is a Mix Tape.  I bring this up because it's true.  I can't believe how many people have made the effort to express sorrow for our loss and wish us well.  It would be hard for me to think that the world is a cruel and unforgiving place when I'm surrounded by such love.  Bobby and I have had our ups and downs over the years, and I can tell you that the downs make me appreciate the ups that much more. Losing a pregnancy is a tough thing to get over, but I know we will come out stronger for it.  Thank you, everyone, for making this easier.

No comments: