Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Adoption nonsense

I try to keep mum about Korea's ass backwards gender politics.  I know that I am an outsider looking in, particularly because I am not close enough to any Koreans to hear an honest opinion on politics.  (Koreans, unlike Americans, tend not to spout their beliefs to everyone).  I have to say something about this new law, though.

So in a nutshell, a woman who makes the difficult decisions that she cannot raise her child AND that despite this, she will carry it to term in a country that has no forgiveness for unwed mothers must have her postpartum mind wrecked for what must be an incredibly difficult week.  Women who give babies up for adoption rather than aborting are superwomen.  They endure so much already.  Now they can be guilted for it.  F U, Korea.



4 comments:

Jin said...

I think most lawmakers in Korea are so stupid that they believe they are smart and don't need to hear public opinions.
They usually make laws without our knowing. People have said Korean goverment adjust media, especially as of the president Lee Myung bak.
So, if you hadn't post the article, I wouldn't have known that silly law. Most Koreans, like me, are sick and tired of their behavior.

Korea's sexual discrimination is still a social problem, younger generations are trying to change it, though.
I think the main reason is because of too many wars that we have been suffered. Wars empower to men I think. Anyway, I believe it's going to be better.
There is a joke that women hates women, in Korea.
Choi Young-hee, who initiated the revision, must hate women.
I don't understand her and Kim Mi-kyung, who said that Keeping babies with their birth mothers is definitely best for newborns.
I definitely don't agree on her think, too.
We still have a long way to go.

I think Koreans also spout their beliefs to everybody.
If you haven't relized that, It would be the prime reason their English is not good enough to explain quite intricate issues.
Furthermore, Some koreans, unlike me, seldom speak English to avoid their mistakes - I know I have had lots of mistakes, forgive me -, they had studied English though.

P.S.
I'm so interesting about your writings hear. I am going to love those.

Jin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jin said...

Additionally, there is a serious social problem to a decrease in population due to low birth rate in Korea.
Korea is one of the lowest birth rate countries in the world that I know of.
So, I guess Korean government are trying to handle it by the most stupid mothod.

Meri said...

Hi Jin,

Your English is very good. Thanks for providing a Korean perspective.