Saturday, July 9, 2011

Koreans warned us about monsoon season when we moved here.  Last year, it was very mild and I wondered what the big deal was.  It would rain, but only part of the day.

This year, Korea has decided to prove to me that monsoon season is no joke.  It rains for days in a row.  I know I have spoken of this before, but I can't let it go.  This weather is perhaps literally driving me crazy.  My insides feel soggy.  The dog won't go outside in the rain, so we clean up a lot of messes.  The rain gets into the house, and patters in a constant refrain on the roof.  I lived in Wales for awhile, where it rained every day in the winter, but not this incessantly or with this volume of water.  It's a good thing we live on the side of a mountain.

There have been an inordinate amount of cranes.  I don't know if the rain and the cranes are related, but I often see them flying over the city from my window.  I saw a gathering of them on a mountain in Waegwan earlier this week.  Jin, our neighbor, says cranes are good luck.  I'll take it!  They're also lovely to watch.
Me at 18 weeks

No comments: