Friday, November 30, 2012

Cyber Monday

I never participated in Black Friday.  Cyber Monday, however, is another story.  I enjoy picking out Christmas gifts online, particularly for a baby.  So I picked out an activity table that was half price.  It looked like something right up Xander's alley--it has a little ball you throw into the center of the table, which then comes out in the leg.  Kind of like baby pool.  Xander loves balls of all shapes and sizes, so I know he'll love this table.

Unfortunately, hundreds of other parents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles had the same idea I did.  I was sidetracked during my shopping, and before I was able to check out, the table was sold out--curse you, job--and I was unable to find it anywhere else at the sale price.  Oh well, I thought, I'll just pay full price.  Unfortunately, every place that ships to an APO turned out to be sold out (Target, in a cruel tease, let me check out, and sent me an email the following day telling me the item was sold out).  So I registered for email alerts when the table is back in stock at a few places.

I currently have the table ordered with two stores, with plans to cancel my order with one when the other sends me a shipping notice.  I have spent countless hours hunting down this toy that I didn't know existed before Cyber Monday, but now am certain is the only Christmas present for my boy.

I guess I have eighteen years of this to look forward to.

1 comment:

Julie Dee said...

Welcome to the true joys and sorrows of parenthood! That instinct to hunt the best thing for your child is pretty primeval, isn't it? Hope the table comes in time for Santa.