Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day

So Memorial Day is a major holiday over here.  I should stop being surprised about this.  Almost everything is a major holiday, complete with presents and lots of food.  I have made gift bags for Xander's day care for Halloween, Valentine's Day, and Easter, as well as Christmas.

On Memorial Day, everyone goes to the cemetery.  We saw some wicked cemetery barbecues, with locals busting out their awnings and portable grills to have a memorial for dead relatives, once and for all proving all of those angry memes wrong.  You know, the ones that remind us that Memorial Day is about remembering servicemembers, not barbecues.  Well, Hawaiians barbecue with their deceased.  So there!  I love how Hawaii combines American and Asian cultures to take the best of both.

Oh, and like this lady, I've had it with this meme.  I live near a bunch of servicemembers, all of whom enjoyed their Memorial Day.  With barbecues.


On a lighter note, here's some "Row Row Row Your Boat."  I love the part around the 27s mark where he admits that he's stuck.






No comments: