Thursday, November 26, 2015

Never Walk Alone

I was going to post Xander's birthday today. It was eventful, and I will have to get to it later. Spoiler: he spent part of it in the hospital. But if you read this blog, you probably already know the story. So it can wait.

Times are hard. Bobby lost his job again. 2014 was a long string of new jobs and layoffs, sometimes in quick succession. This year, he almost made a one year anniversary with his animal hospital. Unfortunately, the primary doctor had a heart attack, and many of the staff lost their jobs, Bobby included.

The past three weeks have been frantic: searching postings, interviewing, hearing back, not hearing back, worrying. We don't really have a nest egg. The holidays are coming.

Yesterday was tough for both of us, but I was reminded of this song. I listened to it 1,000 times. And something clicked. Everything is going to be ok.

Today is Thanksgiving. We have so many things to be thankful for. For years, all I ever wanted was X. The Thanksgiving after he was born, we pulled the wishbone and I, the winner, realized that I had absolutely nothing to wish for. It's moments like this that make moments like that.

Life ain't perfect, but it's certainly good enough. That'll do for now. I love you all.


Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll. We'll be ok.



1 comment:

Julie Dee said...

Wow, Meri. That song means a lot to me too. I sang it in high school choir, and we recorded it (on a vinyl record, no less). I'm glad you are finding some peace through music. We are looking forward to the holidays because we will be with you.
That song refers to the sweet song of a bird, and I've always liked that reference to nature's way of healing. All you have to do is take a walk in the woods to get that. So to quote another favorite song of mine, the best things in life are free!