Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Big Tree

The other night, I put X to bed as usual. He called my name as usual. What was unusual was that I was hearing it from far away. I cracked the door open, and saw him standing on his table, looking out the window. "Big tree! Look, it's a big tree!" That tree has been there since we moved in. Something about the way it looked in the moonlight, blowing in the wind, apparently touched his soul. He couldn't understand why I didn't get it. "Big tree, mom!" I gave up trying to get him to go to bed and left. He then called his daddy in to look at the big tree.

He called us in one more time, about twenty minutes later, hoping that we'd finally get it. "Look! Big tree!" He eventually went to bed, frustrated with his unartistic parents.

The first thing he said when he woke up the next morning was "big tree," but it just wasn't as cool in the daylight. He looked at it for a few minutes, glanced at the rainbow behind it (hey, rainbows are an everyday thing here) and hopped down from his table, on to other things.

Waterfaw.

Here comes daddy!

Another view of the waterfall.

Gotcha!

No comments: