Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Korean Delivery

Well, it's been a long day. I went to a library staff conference in Seoul. This involves about 2 hours of travel each way and a very early wake up call. Half of the conference was conducted in Korean with no translation, which was deflating. So when I got home, we took advantage of one of my favorite perks that Korea has to offer: delivery!

I have wanted to demonstrate this phenomenon for awhile, and I finally remembered to. Full disclosure: I love to cook, but we order delivery at least once a week. I take yoga on Mondays and Wednesdays, getting home at 7, and that's often too late to cook much of anything.

I have posted pictures of our delivery menu before. We get a new one each month, but we've been using one we like for awhile. There's a restaurant that has just about every Korean dish I like, and its super cheap. Today I ordered Udon noodles and a gimbap, which is various things rolled in seaweed (much like sushi, but no fish). Bobby ordered a sweet and sour pork cutlet. The meal cost us 10,000 won, which about $8.85.

I called in the order, and it was delivered to our villa in about 20 minutes. It came in regular dishes, which we used and left on our doorstep for the delivery guy to pick up later. The soup was warm and delicious, and it was heartening to remember what I love about Korea. You can't beat the cheap, high quality, entirely delivered food.


Food, from bottom right: Udon, gimbap, 2 kinds of kimchi, pork cutlet with rice.

No comments: