Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ready as we'll ever be

Today I'm nine months pregnant.  To celebrate, I went out and bought our last essential: a baby monitor.  It unfortunately does not reach from our villa to the empty lot next door.  We were hoping for a way to take the dog out without the baby, but no dice.  We've washed most of the clothes and bedding and set up the baby's room.  I can't say we're ready, but we're as ready as we'll ever be.

Yesterday, we said goodbye to Uncle Mike, who stopped in for a quick visit.  We went to some good restaurants and took some walks around the neighborhood.

I need a week or two to tie things up at work, but after that, he's welcome to come.  The sooner the better!   We have ambitious travel plans for the holidays that require Xander to make a safe and timely entrance.
The nursery, probably as clean as it will ever be

Me, not in my Sunday best

The autumn leaves caress the trees


No comments: